Re: prefetch revisited

I've tracked down information about data prefetch instructions for the
following architectures.  If I've left out an architecture that provides
data prefetch instructions and that GCC supports (or is likely to
support), please let me know.  URLs would be nice.

  Pentium III
  3DNow!
  Itanium
  PowerPC
  AltiVec
  UltraSPARC-II
  PA-RISC
  Alpha 21264
  MIPS32/MIPS64

I'll use this information to propose operands to a new prefetch rtl
pattern to allow support for those aspects of prefetch instructions that
GCC is reasonably likely to be able to exploit.

Janis