This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Limit unnamed fields in structs / unions
- To: neil at daikokuya dot demon dot co dot uk
- Subject: Re: Limit unnamed fields in structs / unions
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 17:32:20 -0500
- CC: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <20011101222924.A10490@daikokuya.demon.co.uk>
> You also banned unnamed enums. We immediately got a PR  about
> this as breaking backwards compatibility. In the long discussion
> about this patch I never saw a mention of enums, only of unnamed ints.
> Was this intentional, or overlooked? If intentional, could you close
> the PR with some suitable comment?
The reason I discovered this "oversight" was because an unnamed enum,
so I guess that means it's intentional :-)
I'll take care of the PR.