Re: variable argument list in irix

On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 03:04:34PM -0500, Michael McQuinn wrote:

> trying to port an application form SunOS
> to IRIX6.5.  i installed the freeware software
> that came with the system which include
> gcc 3.0.  i have been having trouble compiling
> some of the software that contains variable
> argument lists.  i wrote some sample code
> to try to debug the problem.

Your sample code appears to be correct.  I suspect that GCC is finding
the wrong <stdarg.h>.  That header must be matched exactly with the
compiler version in use or it won't work.

We did not create the freeware bundle provided with IRIX, so we cannot
tell you what is wrong.  However, I can suggest that you try the
compilation again, adding the -H option to the command line.  This
will print out the complete pathname of each header included during
the compilation.  You should see something like this:

. /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/mips-sgi-irix6.5/3.0/include/stdarg.h

If it prints "/usr/include/stdarg.h" instead, or the path has "2.7.2"
instead of "3.0" in it, or something like that, that is your problem.
You'll then need to figure out where the right header is and why it's
finding the wrong one.

zw