This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Change definition of complex::norm
- To: gdr at codesourcery dot com (Gabriel Dos Reis)
- Subject: Re: Change definition of complex::norm
- From: Brad Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>
- Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 12:04:13 -0500 (EST)
- Cc: lucier at math dot purdue dot edu (Brad Lucier), gdr at codesourcery dot com (Gabriel Dos Reis), gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, hjstein at bloomberg dot com, nbecker at fred dot net, bkoz at redhat dot com
> | is
> | that the formula
> | norm(z) = real(z)^2 + imag(z)^2
> | does give good relative error for normal results, and good absolute
> | error for denormal results.
> This isn't the case in the test you posted. Did I misread it?
This *is* the case for the test I posted. The difference between
0 and 4.whatever\times e-324 is within the absolute error of