This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Mozilla on MIPS
- To: Colin Burgess <cburgess at qnx dot com>
- Subject: Re: Mozilla on MIPS
- From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 08:51:49 -0800
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com, linux-mips at oss dot sgi dot com,gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <200111011554.KAA196739151@node109.ott.qnx.com>
On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 10:54:42AM -0500, Colin Burgess wrote:
> Hi H.J,
> We're hitting the problem with getting Mozilla to run on MIPS (GOT overflow).
> I read the thread on binutils about it, and the gp_overflow manpage of the
> IRIX linker which has the multigot option.
> Do you know of anyone that has successfully linked Mozilla on MIPS with the
> GNU ld? Is anyone looking into implementing multigot functionality?
I think some platforms use 32bit GOT by default or something like that such
that Mozilla is not a problem. I don't know if it is a good idea for Linux.
As for the -multigot option for ld, I have an impression from the man page
that it is a linker feature and you don't need to modify the compiler. If
it is true, we should investigate the possibility. Unfortunately, I don't
know how -multigot works on mips.