This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Change definition of complex::norm
- To: nbecker at fred dot net
- Subject: Re: Change definition of complex::norm
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: 01 Nov 2001 15:38:30 +0100
- Cc: Brad Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, hjstein at bloomberg dot com, gdr at codesourcery dot com, bkoz at redhat dot com
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <200111010245.fA12jbk17021@banach.math.purdue.edu> <email@example.com>
| Just because the standard leaves it up to the implementation doesn't
| mean we are obliged to take the narrowest interpretation. I see no
| harm in defining norm(z) = sqr (real(z)) + sqr (imag (z)).
We're not also obliged to choose an implementation which won't
deliver an accetable answer for limit cases.