This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Change definition of complex::norm
- To: nbecker at fred dot net
- Subject: Re: Change definition of complex::norm
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: 01 Nov 2001 15:27:51 +0100
- Cc: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at codesourcery dot com>, bkoz at redhat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, HJSTEIN at bloomberg dot com
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
| I still don't understand why there is a preference for computing norm
| via abs. Even when it is defined (built-in floating types), I believe it is
| less efficient and potentially less accurate. Correct me if I'm
Did you see the testcase of Brad?