This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: When will I be able to compile 8139too.c
- To: "Paulo J. Matos aka PDestroy" <pocm at rnl dot ist dot utl dot pt>
- Subject: Re: When will I be able to compile 8139too.c
- From: Andris Pavenis <pavenis at latnet dot lv>
- Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 12:47:31 +0200 (EET)
- cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
On 1 Nov 2001, Paulo J. Matos aka PDestroy wrote:
> Hi all,
> I know the 8139too.c is a known bug.
> This just stops me from compiling the kernel!
> When will this be fixed?
> When will the next gcc version be released?
My experience shows that option -fomit-frame-pointer
causes trouble with gcc-3.0.X too often. Try building
Linux kernel without using this option if You really
want to use gcc-3.0 (I tried once and drivers/net/8139too.c
were sucessfully built with gcc-3.0.2, but anyway I'll perhaps
stay away from building kernels with gcc-3.0.X for some time)