This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: contributing altivec changes
- To: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: contributing altivec changes
- From: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- Date: 31 Oct 2001 12:20:48 -0800
- CC: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Geoff Keating <geoffk at redhat dot com>
Aldy Hernandez <email@example.com> writes:
> hi guys.
> i have a whole slew of patches for altivec support. i have all the
> infrastructure in place, plus about a hundred or so builtins.
> i'm methodically going through and adding more builtins... but it's
> going to take a while.
> i was wondering if i could get the infrastructure submitted and start
Yes, submit the infrastructure patches first, broken down into
individual pieces for each logical change. Especially any parts that
touch the generic parts of the compiler.
> i just don't want to leave it to the last minute and submit an enormous
> patch. and it's pretty big as is...
> btw, this is all cookie cutter stuff: .h, .c, and .md changes. the
> front end changes are a different story and i'll do those at a later
> time. plus, i doubt they'll ever get accepted.
> i'll post the patches in a separate email.
> Aldy Hernandez E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Professional Gypsy
> Red Hat, Inc.
- Geoffrey Keating <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>