This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [wwwdocs] Initial criteria.html (was Re: Where's the currentlist of release criteria?)
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Subject: Re: [wwwdocs] Initial criteria.html (was Re: Where's the currentlist of release criteria?)
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 21:13:54 +0100 (CET)
- cc: Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> * "Java Front-End Garbage Collection" is no longer an appropriate item.
> "Installation Documentation" and "GCC Support Library" may well no longer
I believe non of the latter two is -- "Installation Documentation"
definitely has been resolved (at least in the meaning of criteria.html).
> Given that the development plan is based on dates, and the date for
> major new features has passed, it might be better to start that section
> with "Open Bugs" only and then consider whether there are any features
> that need to be done.
> * Chill should probably not be mentioned at all (unless our volunteer does
> the necessary work in time).
> * Regression testing is presumably based primarily on regressions from
> 3.0.x. Do we try to avoid regressions from 2.95.x as well?
Of course. I'd say, a regression from 2.95.x is even worse than one
> * At least two of the listed open issues should go away: -fstrict-aliasing
> and setjmp/longjmp exception-handling.
If one of you wants to make the changes above, these are pre-approved;
else I'll try to do it tomorrow from work.
Gerald "Jerry" email@example.com http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/