Re: [wwwdocs] Initial criteria.html (was Re: Where's the currentlist of release criteria?)

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Joseph S. Myers wrote:

  Other things that need to change:

  * There is now an Ada front end, which needs to be mentioned in the
  appropriate sections.  Do we expect to have an Ada testsuite in-tree
  before the branch?

I do think so, since Laurent Guerby has been working on setting up the
ACATS (Ada Conformity Assessment Test Suite). The executable part of
this test suite contains about 2300 tests, and these have proven quite
useful as a coverage test for the Ada language and the back end as well.

He raised a question on the list the other day, on how these tests could
best be integrated. Since I am not yet familiar with the GCC testsuite,
I'd like somebody else to answer this question,
see <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-10/msg01305.html>.
Anyway, as noted in Laurent's message, legal analysis is still pending at
FSF holding up integration at this point. Hopefully that will change before
the branch.

  -Geert