Re: gcc on powerpc macintosh

>>>>> "Amnon J Meir" writes:

Amnon> I am a little confused by the information on the web page:
Amnon> http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html#powerpc-*-darwin*

Amnon> By saying that gcc3.o does not support Darwin, do you mean that it can be
Amnon> built on the platform, but that nobody is supporting that platform (and I
Amnon> am on my own)? Or, do you mean that it cannot be built on this platform?

Amnon> I guess if the latter is the answer I do not understand the instructions
Amnon> that follow the statement...

Amnon> The bottom line is: I am looking for a free/low cost fortran compiler that
Amnon> will work on a powerpc based Mac running Mac OS 10.1.

	GCC 3.0 was not ported to Darwin.  The infrastructure to have the
compiler work on Darwin was not present.  That is what "support" means.
GCC 3.1 will function on Darwin.

	Apple provides gcc-2.95 with Darwin support on their developer
website.

David