This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 3.0.2 and BSD Make
- To: mark at codesourcery dot com, perry at piermont dot com
- Subject: Re: GCC 3.0.2 and BSD Make
- From: mike stump <mrs at windriver dot com>
- Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 09:53:56 -0800 (PST)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, rittle at latour dot rsch dot comm dot mot dot com
> Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 10:40:50 -0700
> From: Mark Mitchell <email@example.com>
> To: "Perry E. Metzger" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> This is not a decision; it is simply a fact. The Makefiles do not
> work with BSD make not because we tried to break them; they just
> don't work.
Or, phrased slightly differently: It doesn't work because no one
contributed the testing resources to ensure that it stayed working
and/or because no one contributed the fixes to make it work, as
regressions hit the tree.