[wwwdocs] Initial criteria.html (was Re: Where's the current list of release criteria?)

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 08:04:29AM +0100, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Phil Edwards wrote:
> > Where is the current list of release criteria for, say, 3.1?
>
> It doesn't exist yet, but if you'd start by creating gcc-3.1/ and copying
> criteria.html from gcc-3.0/ with suitable tweaks, that'd be pre-approved.

I saw your new directory in the -cvs list, and I'm checking in a new
criteria.html now.  The process was:

 - add a warning at the top
 - change the version number
 - remove the list of criteria WRT specific sections of the compiler; the
   section names remain (e.g., "Preprocessor"), but the contents are empty
 - add more applications for C++ testing

That last point is pretty much my motivation behind this.  Yes, there
are missing HTML links in the new section; I'll add those as the URLs can
be found.  The list is based on

    http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-06/msg01613.html

and the results that others had posted (referenced from that message).
The specific version numbers of applications probably need to change for
3.1 eventually.

Phil