This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[wwwdocs] Initial criteria.html (was Re: Where's the current list of release criteria?)
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Subject: [wwwdocs] Initial criteria.html (was Re: Where's the current list of release criteria?)
- From: Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>
- Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 12:43:42 -0500
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 08:04:29AM +0100, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Phil Edwards wrote:
> > Where is the current list of release criteria for, say, 3.1?
> It doesn't exist yet, but if you'd start by creating gcc-3.1/ and copying
> criteria.html from gcc-3.0/ with suitable tweaks, that'd be pre-approved.
I saw your new directory in the -cvs list, and I'm checking in a new
criteria.html now. The process was:
- add a warning at the top
- change the version number
- remove the list of criteria WRT specific sections of the compiler; the
section names remain (e.g., "Preprocessor"), but the contents are empty
- add more applications for C++ testing
That last point is pretty much my motivation behind this. Yes, there
are missing HTML links in the new section; I'll add those as the URLs can
be found. The list is based on
and the results that others had posted (referenced from that message).
The specific version numbers of applications probably need to change for