Re: Why alias set 0 ? (Was: Long term code compactness regression)

    I am just looking at the attached testcase and first thing that looks
    odd to me is that there are memory references of alias set zero to the
    'n' field of RealMatrix structure:

    2.95 version appears to have similar problem, but why?

    Richard, do you have any idea?

I said why a few days ago:  It's specific to C++ and is in:

static HOST_WIDE_INT
cxx_get_alias_set (t)
     tree t;
{
  /* It's not yet safe to use alias sets for classes in C++ because
     the TYPE_FIELDs list for a class doesn't mention base classes.  */
  if (AGGREGATE_TYPE_P (t))
    return 0;

  return c_common_get_alias_set (t);
}