This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- To: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot com>
- Subject: Re: ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/releases/index.html
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 17:32:05 +0100 (CET)
- cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>, Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Joe Buck wrote:
> But asking one person to do everything for a release is a good way to lose
> a release manager due to burnout.
Having the release procedures documented in
is certainly a step in the right direction.
Another step might be having a Release Manager Secretary or similiar,
who helps the Release Manager with practical issues like these which
do not require in-depth knowledge of the compiler. (I would be willing
to do that, but have severe time limitations for the time being; perhaps
we just should look for a volunteer?!)
Gerald "Jerry" email@example.com http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/