Re: Gcc cross-compiler

"Joseph S. Myers" wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Paolo Carlini wrote:
>
> > Have you already consulted the notes in the Manual about cross-compilers in
> > general?
> >
> >     http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.0.2/gcc_4.html#SEC58
>
> That whole chapter is marked as out of date and historical - as soon as
> someone can produce proper cross-compilation instructions for the new
> install manual that completely obsolete those parts of that chapter, we
> can get closer to being able to remove install-old.texi altogether.

I see. Sorry for any possible trouble I may have produced with my indication.
Better than nothing, anyway ;-)

> The only person who volunteered to produce current cross-compilation
> instructions was Bo Thorsen <bo@sonofthor.dk> in July - I haven't heard
> anything since then and none of the other people experienced in this area
> have volunteered to document it.

Right now I cannot volunteer because I'm not really experienced, not because I'm
not willing to do so. But I will try myself to understand more about
cross-compilation myself for personal curiosity.

Thanks,
Paolo Carlini.