MMIX port, acceptance status?

>From time to time over the last weeks I've bothered members of
the SC off-list (being prompted to do so by one) about the
status of approval of the MMIX port.

Could I please know whether it is acceptable (modulo the markup
fixups Joseph Myers pointed out) in the form at
<URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2001-10/msg00182.html> or
if something needs to be done, including non-technical actions?

FWIW, I've been told by a SC member that there's still chance it
could go in 3.1.  It'd be nice to know anything about its
approval status.  I'm volunteering to be maintainer.

brgds, H-P