This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Tree stuff and other fun
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: Tree stuff and other fun
- From: Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot demon dot co dot uk>
- Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 18:25:57 +0000
The tree documentation in c-tree.texi is not complete; so whilst
learning more about trees I thought I would add to it as I went along.
However, that can rapidly get boring in and of itself, so I'd like to
actually do something involving trees too; you learn much better when
doing stuff and breaking it.
I've scanned the projects list for tree-related things, and there only
seems to be the ast-optimizer-branch, which has too much non-tree
stuff for me to be interested at present, and probably is beyond my
So, can anyone suggest some tree-related projects to work on? Something
not too hard and achievable is preferable. I've heard occasional grunts
about the following:
1) Getting rid of SAVE_EXPRs
2) Making trees more language independent (in particular, not being so
Is 1) very hard, or achievable? 2) is obviously a big job, but are
there any smaller steps I could make towards that goal?
Or anything else? Suggestions welcome!