This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
PATCH Re: int div by constant optimization
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Subject: PATCH Re: int div by constant optimization
- From: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>
- Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 12:41:51 -0700
- Cc: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
On Thursday, October 25, 2001, at 06:02 PM, Richard Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 05:52:18PM -0700, Dale Johannesen wrote:
>> I'd like to fix this. Conceptually what you
>> need to do isn't hard...
> I'd rather we handled this by doing constant propagation
> at higher IL levels. E.g. Diego's tree-ssa code.
This would have the effect of doing cprop before the div-by-const
optimization is done, right? I agree that's the best longterm
approach; but currently I need a shorter-term fix. So I'll
submit what I have, and if you don't want gcse hacked this way,
then you don't have to accept it.