This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- To: jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk (Joseph S. Myers)
- Subject: Re: ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/releases/index.html
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>
- Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 12:26:28 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: mark at codesourcery dot com (Mark Mitchell), jbuck at synopsys dot com (Joe Buck), pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at (Gerald Pfeifer), gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org (gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org)
> On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> > Would you be willing to handle these aspects (web page updates)
> > for future releases?
> The more people are supposed to do more different bits of release
> preparation, the more likely something is to go wrong. It's best for one
> person to do it, for the instructions on how to do it to be as clear as
> possible, and for as much to be automated as possible.
Clearly we need to be organized.
But asking one person to do everything for a release is a good way to lose
a release manager due to burnout.