This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 3.0.2 fails on Sol 8 x86
- To: "J.D. Bronson" <jb at xpec dot com>
- Subject: Re: 3.0.2 fails on Sol 8 x86
- From: Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>
- Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 14:02:24 -0400
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <184.108.40.206.2.20011026073954.00a70b38@localhost>
On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 07:41:51AM -0500, J.D. Bronson wrote:
> 3.0 and 3.0.1 compiled fine with minimal errors, but 3.0.2 will not compile:
> ./configure runs fine....
Remember not to build in the source directory; build in a separate objdir.
> /usr/local/i386-pc-solaris2.8/bin/ld:libgcc.map: file format not
> recognized; treating as linker script
> /usr/local/i386-pc-solaris2.8/bin/ld:libgcc.map:1: parse error
Looks like you've configured for GNU binutils but are using Sun's. Or vice
versa, I don't recall.
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater
than the animating contest for freedom, go home and leave us in peace. We seek
not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you;
and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams