This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 3.0.2 and BSD Make
- To: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry at piermont dot com>
- Subject: Re: GCC 3.0.2 and BSD Make
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 10:40:50 -0700
- cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "rittle at latour dot rsch dot comm dot mot dot com" <rittle at latour dot rsch dot comm dot mot dot com>
--On Friday, October 26, 2001 12:14:18 PM -0400 "Perry E. Metzger"
> Mark Mitchell <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> Loren Rittle has asked me to note that GCC 3.0.2 cannot be built with
>> BSD Make. You will need GNU Make to build GCC 3.0.2.
>> I apologize for the separate email; Loren asked me to put this in the
>> original email, but I failed to do so. Loren would like to avoid lots
>> of people reporting this problem to the BSD people.
> Is there a particular reason for this decision? It is pretty
> alienating to a lot of us.
This is not a decision; it is simply a fact. The Makefiles do not work
with BSD make not because we tried to break them; they just don't work.
Mark Mitchell email@example.com
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com