New C++ Parser - not in gcc 3.1 ?

As GCC 3.1 Phase 1 ended Oct 15 2001 do we realy have to wait till
GCC 3.2 (release Oct 15 2002) to get this improvement, which as far as I
can see is already working on the cp-parser branch.

Even last month Mark Mitchell wrote:

>True.  TO that end, it would be nice if people would not push everything
>up against the deadline.  But, realistically, they will -- heck, I
>may do it myself with the new parser! -- so I bet there will be some
>chaos for a week or two around that point.  I think we'll be able to
>sort it out.

I think the merge should still be possible asap now,
except Mark does not want to do so on technical reasons.

Only a note from an interested lurker.

-Alfred