This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Question about loc_descriptor_from_tree in dwarf2out.c
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Subject: Re: Question about loc_descriptor_from_tree in dwarf2out.c
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 18:12:41 -0700
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <10110260111.AA16725@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 09:11:57PM -0400, Richard Kenner wrote:
> Can you explain this, then?
> /* If we can't fill the request for an address, die. */
> if (addressp && indirect_size == 0)
> abort ();
> indirect_size will be zero when the mode is BLKmode. Or is it just
> that the size is computed wrong in that case?
Means we need a different value for "indirect_size not initialized"
than zero. In all the cases in which we load the address of LOC
on the stack we set indirect_size. In the cases in which LOC does
not have an address (e.g. a register) we leave indirect_size alone.