This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
GCC 3.0.2 Release
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-announce at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: GCC 3.0.2 Release
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 11:23:21 -0700
The GCC 3.0.2 release is now available. See:
for a list of sites from which you can download GCC 3.0.2.
Although the GNU mirror sites have the tarballs at this point, the GCC
mirror sites do not, due to an error on my part. I have uploaded the
tarballs now, and they will reach the GCC mirrors shortly.
This is a bug-fix release to correct bugs in GCC 3.0.1. If GCC 3.0.1
works well for you, there is no reason to upgrade.
Some of the changes include:
- Bad code generation during loop unrolling.
- Bad code generation by the sibling call optimization.
- Minor improvements to x86 code generation.
- Implemenation of function descriptors in C++ vtables for IA64.
Thanks to everyone who contributed, and especially to:
for important improvements in this release.
The GCC 3.0 branch is now unfrozen.
Mark Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com