Help! building GCC 3.0.1 Failed !!!

Hello,

I desperatly need to build gcc. I tried 3.0.1 but it failes when it
comes to compile libstdc++-v3.
It says it can't find all the wide char functions : wgetc, fwgetc,...

I tried configuring libstdc++ in the build directory adding the options
no wide chars. But making failes.

I can't see a way out of this problem. How can the status report say
that gcc 3.0.3 -i686 builds on linux without problem.

I picked gcc-3.0.1-i686-pc-Linux-gnu right out of the box from one of
your mirrors.
I unpacked it and configured it in a working directory. Then I tried to
make it.
gcc, compiles nicely, but when it comes to libstdc++ it stops on the
previous mistake.

I really need help and I can't see where I can get it.

--
Bien cordialement,

Ch. Meessen