This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: dangerous cleverness? ppc int<->float conversions, subreg
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Subject: Re: dangerous cleverness? ppc int<->float conversions, subreg
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 01:15:04 -0400
- cc: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
Have you considered tweaking expr.c:move_by_pieces() so that it
chooses the largest mode which maps to a GPR instead of the largest mode?
GCC uses FPRs for DImode for memory moves, not computations. If
the task does not use any floating point, then the only thing you need to
inhibit is GCC performing a block memory move with FPRs: move_by_pieces().