This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: powerpc-ibm-aix126.96.36.199 bootstrap issue
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: powerpc-ibm-aix188.8.131.52 bootstrap issue
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 20:14:49 -0400
- cc: mike stump <mrs at windriver dot com>, aoliva at redhat dot com, grahams at redhat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, john at feith dot com
>>>>> Richard Henderson writes:
>> Even without the debugger involvement, the address-based hash
>> prevents deterministically repeatable behavior from GCC if the storage
>> layout of the executable is changed by relinking.
Richard> Or when cross compiled. I agree.
Richard> Anyhow, didn't the fix get acked?
The work-around was installed, but the fix to the hash function
has not progressed.