This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc/gcc/doc how to build ?
- To: Andreas Tobler <toa at pop dot agri dot ch>
- Subject: Re: gcc/gcc/doc how to build ?
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 01:14:38 +0100 (BST)
- cc: GCC <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Andreas Tobler wrote:
> So my question, is there an advice on how to build the docs and which
> tools to use? Or are there really some bugs in the *.texi files?
The version of texi2html on gcc.gnu.org is 1.64, so I suggest using that.
However, makeinfo --html may produce better results.
Note that gcov.texi is only a chapter of the gcc manual, not a separate
manual in its own right, so may not produce good output when passed
through texi2html by itself anyway.
> P.S. my texinfo is 4.0, is there a newer one?
For getting split HTML output from makeinfo --html you need a prerelease
(by ftp from texinfo.org, maybe also on alpha.gnu.org).
Joseph S. Myers