Re: gcc/gcc/doc how to build ?

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Andreas Tobler wrote:

> So my question, is there an advice on how to build the docs and which
> tools to use? Or are there really some bugs in the *.texi files?

The version of texi2html on gcc.gnu.org is 1.64, so I suggest using that.
However, makeinfo --html may produce better results.

Note that gcov.texi is only a chapter of the gcc manual, not a separate
manual in its own right, so may not produce good output when passed
through texi2html by itself anyway.

> P.S. my texinfo is 4.0, is there a newer one?

For getting split HTML output from makeinfo --html you need a prerelease
(by ftp from texinfo.org, maybe also on alpha.gnu.org).

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk