This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: powerpc-ibm-aix188.8.131.52 bootstrap issue
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: powerpc-ibm-aix184.108.40.206 bootstrap issue
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 17:59:59 -0400
- cc: mike stump <mrs at windriver dot com>, aoliva at redhat dot com, grahams at redhat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, john at feith dot com
>>>>> Richard Henderson writes:
Richard> Nothing should change when run inside a debugger except timing,
Richard> and gcc is not timing sensitive.
The debugger requires non-shareable copies of text (executable,
shared libraries, etc.) in order to set breakpoints. The copies may shift
the data layout of the process.
Even without the debugger involvement, the address-based hash
prevents deterministically repeatable behavior from GCC if the storage
layout of the executable is changed by relinking.