This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: powerpc-ibm-aix126.96.36.199 bootstrap issue
- To: mike stump <mrs at windriver dot com>
- Subject: Re: powerpc-ibm-aix188.8.131.52 bootstrap issue
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 14:48:05 -0700
- Cc: aoliva at redhat dot com, grahams at redhat dot com, dje at watson dot ibm dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, john at feith dot com
- References: <200110242142.OAA05841@kankakee.wrs.com>
On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 02:42:59PM -0700, mike stump wrote:
> > From: Alexandre Oliva <email@example.com>
> > Date: 24 Oct 2001 17:48:35 -0200
> > But I still don't see how this would lead to bootstrap compare
> > failures, or to differences not showing up when the compiler is run
> > inside a debugger.
> For much the same reason that:
> might print Hi, or Hello.
No. The important part is >>when .. run inside a debugger<<.
Nothing should change when run inside a debugger except timing,
and gcc is not timing sensitive.