This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: virus alert on gcc-3.0.tar.gz
- To: dje at watson dot ibm dot com, pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com
- Subject: Re: virus alert on gcc-3.0.tar.gz
- From: mike stump <mrs at windriver dot com>
- Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 14:37:25 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
> Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 15:19:31 -0400
> From: Phil Edwards <email@example.com>
> To: David Edelsohn <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Cc: email@example.com
> For future releases, we should scan the tarball ourselves, and if a
> false positive occurs, just recompress the tarball with a higher or lower
> compression setting. Repeat until the false positive goes away.
Gross, I'd rather send them a tarball, and get them to remove the
false positive. I suspect they have sufficiently advanced technology
that would allow them to do this.