gcc/gcc/doc how to build ?

Hi,
While trying to figure out the build failure on solaris and darwin I try
to get the *.texi files converted to html. (To learn more about gcc)
Therefore I use texi2html file.texi. (1.57)
Well, it works but I get a lot of complaints and the html files looks
funny, e.g. the gcov.html contains a funny title:
<H1><A NAME="SEC1">@command{gcov}: a Test Coverage Program</A></H1>
I suppose the @command{gcov} should reference Gcov?

So my question, is there an advice on how to build the docs and which
tools to use? Or are there really some bugs in the *.texi files?

TIA

Andreas

P.S. my texinfo is 4.0, is there a newer one?