This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: virus alert on gcc-3.0.tar.gz
- To: Sally dot Dawson at orps dot state dot ny dot us
- Subject: Re: virus alert on gcc-3.0.tar.gz
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 14:18:33 -0400
- cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
>>>>> Sally Dawson writes:
Sally> Received a virus alert from McAfee VirusScan downloading gcc-3.0.tar.gz
Sally> from mirrors.laffeycomputer.com. Have submitted to McAfee for further
Sally> checking. Thought you would like to be advised - S. Dawson
This is a known false positive warning. McAfee misinterprets some
of the bits produced by the Gzip compression algorithm as matching a virus
The file does not contain a virus. The consistuent files do not
contain a virus. There is no problem with the file.