This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: More MEM tracking stuff
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Subject: Re: More MEM tracking stuff
- From: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 17:00:38 +0200
- Cc: aj at suse dot de, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <10110241148.AA07118@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
> There are basically three things:
> (1) Alias analysis can indeed be improved by knowing the underlying decl
> for each MEM.
> (2) With the recording of a decl for each MEM, the assembler output can
> be annotated with the variable name for easier reading. This has been
Can't this be done using same channels as debug info goes out too?
But anyway it is nice feature and it may make sense to drop our existing
way of storing the info in favour of this scheme.