Re: Haney's real matrix test regression

    today, having updated my local 3.1 tree, I'm seeing a bad performance
    regression (2x running time) in the C++ version of the real matrix
    test of the Haney suite, wrt the perfect results of yesterday
    (i686-pc-linux-gnu, by the way).

    I strongly suspect the MEM tracking checkins... It is possible?

Yes.  I found a one-character typo in that change yesterday.  I'm working on
some other fixes before checking that change in.  If I don't figure them
out soon, I'll just test with that change.