Re: successful install of gcc 3.0.1 on Solaris 8 (64 bit)

> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to drop you a note and let you know that I was successful at
> installing the GCC version 3.0.1 on sparc-sun-solaris-2.8 (64 bits).

you mean you've made spacv9-sun-solaris2.8 (real 64bit) or just
typed "./configure && make bootstrap && make install" in the build directory?
if former than you got 32bit compiler for solaris2.8

type "file /binary/compiled/with/gcc-3.0.1"
it will show the things

> I saw on the build status page that this was "Not supported".  I am
> guessing that is because it wasn't easy for me to install.
i did the sparcv9-sun-solaris2.8 and people still dont believe it produces
good code