This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: mips _flush_cache
- To: dj at redhat dot com (DJ Delorie)
- Subject: Re: mips _flush_cache
- From: Joern Rennecke <amylaar at onetel dot net dot uk>
- Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 00:50:12 +0100 (BST)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, dj at redhat dot com
DJ Delorie wrote:
> GCC unconditionally expects the OS to have _flush_cache() equivalent
> for trampolines to work, but has no provisions for cases where there
> is no _flush_cache() available.
Remember that what the OS doesn't provide, you often can add in
Cache is usually most efficiently flushed by telling the cache controller
to do so, but if you don't have access to the controller, with some
knowledge of the cache architecture you can write code that causes the
to-be-flushed cacheline to be evicted due to cache collisions.
Joern Rennecke | gcc expert for hire
email@example.com | send enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org