This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: dangerous cleverness? ppc int<->float conversions, subreg
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Subject: Re: dangerous cleverness? ppc int<->float conversions, subreg
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 20:11:41 -0400
- cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
In a way you are lying to GCC because the architecture itself
places the integer value in the FPR -- it's not just a detail of the
rs6000 machine description. Subreg may be okay, but it can inhibit some
optimizations and liveness knowledge.