This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Higher level RTL issues
- To: law at redhat dot com
- Subject: Re: Higher level RTL issues
- From: Joern Rennecke <amylaar at onetel dot net dot uk>
- Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 00:10:44 +0100 (BST)
- Cc: jh at suse dot cz (Jan Hubicka), gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
> Third, we want to delay exposure and lowering of libcalls. libcalls sequences
> are a disgusting hack and cause as many problems as they solve. The tricky
> part is that we need to unnest potential libcalls at the tree level so that
> we avoid all the stack slot saving BS when we lower from a simple "div"
> instruction to a __divsi3 libcall (as an example).
How about commoning of libcall addresses and other special constants?
Are you going to rely on post-lowering phases to do that, or do you
plan to display this stuff in the CALL_FUSAGE or some now field of
Joern Rennecke | gcc expert for hire
firstname.lastname@example.org | send enquiries to: email@example.com