Re: Higher level RTL issues

> Third, we want to delay exposure and lowering of libcalls.  libcalls sequences
> are a disgusting hack and cause as many problems as they solve.  The tricky
> part is that we need to unnest potential libcalls at the tree level so that
> we avoid all the stack slot saving BS when we lower from a simple "div"
> instruction to a __divsi3 libcall (as an example).

How about commoning of libcall addresses and other special constants?
Are you going to rely on post-lowering phases to do that, or do you
plan to display this stuff in the CALL_FUSAGE or some now field of
CALL_INSNs?

--
Joern Rennecke                  |            gcc expert for hire
amylaar@onetel.net.uk           |  send enquiries to: jwr_jobs@onetel.net.uk