Re: Higher level RTL issues

  In message <20011022180647.C4658@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>you write:
  > Perhaps this can be done at higher level and teach genrecog to generate sep
  > arate
  > functions for the generic stuff as they should be never intermixed together
  > and we avoid expenses of increasing number of instructions attrtab and ohte
  > rs
  > needs to handle (ignore).
If you give up the ability to go ahead and match target specific patterns
while dealing with generic RTL.

The idea behind being able to match target specific patterns was to avoid
even trying to lower insns which are already known to match a pattern
specific to the target.

I don't think you'd need to expose both generic and target RTL patterns
to genattrtab since attributes are generally related to low level target
specific stuff (scheduling, insn lengths, delay slots, etc).

jeff