This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Higher level RTL issues
- To: Daniel Berlin <dan at cgsoftware dot com>
- Subject: Re: Higher level RTL issues
- From: law at redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 10:34:16 -0600
- cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Reply-To: law at redhat dot com
In message <071E8F7C-C4E4-11D5-B9EF-0030657B5340@cgsoftware.com>you write:
> <snip the rest, for various reasons, i'm not going to reply>
> > I'll have to show you an example where you do need renaming to perform
> > relatively simple redundancy elimination problems that are found by any
> > reasonable value numbering scheme.
> Please, do.
I'm going to try to get it to y'all today.
FWIW, I'm not the only person to recognize this issue with using SSA without
actually rewriting the IL. Here's one thread from comp.compilers on the