Re: Higher level RTL issues

  In message <071E8F7C-C4E4-11D5-B9EF-0030657B5340@cgsoftware.com>you write:

  > <snip the rest, for various reasons, i'm not going to reply>
  >
  > > I'll have to show you an example where you do need renaming to perform
  > > relatively simple redundancy elimination problems that are found by any
  > > reasonable value numbering scheme.
  > Please, do.
I'm going to try to get it to y'all today.

FWIW, I'm not the only person to recognize this issue with using SSA without
actually rewriting the IL.  Here's one thread from comp.compilers on the
subject:

  http://compilers.iecc.com/comparch/article/01-01-147
  http://compilers.iecc.com/comparch/article/01-02-004
  http://compilers.iecc.com/comparch/article/01-02-006