This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: I really need help!
- To: carlo at alinoe dot com (Carlo Wood)
- Subject: Re: I really need help!
- From: Joern Rennecke <amylaar at onetel dot net dot uk>
- Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 14:11:53 +0100 (BST)
- Cc: gavinux at yahoo dot com (Gavin Li), gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
Carlo Wood wrote:
> Did you try -fomit-frame-pointer ?
That is rather unsafe, since any register saves will still go on the
old stack, and a stack pointer will be used if alloca or friends have
been used. If the function is kept to just the asm and the function
call, you might as well code it entirely in assembler.