Re: 64 bit gcc?

Hi all!

Few weeks ago I have compiled gcc(c c++ ...) v3.0.1 for
sparcv9-sun-solaris2.8 and it works just _perfect_ for me with Sun's binutils
(if one can call the as ar nm ld etc. this way).
#file `which gcc`
reports this:
> /usr/local/bin/gcc:     ELF 64-bit MSB executable SPARCV9 Version 1,
dynamically linked, not stripped

 As a test I did full recompile of grep, gawk, mc, apache and few other
widely used progs, all they work just fine.
NOTE: I look through the the gcc mailing not very often, so I may have missed
something, but I still dont see any problem using the _standard gcc 3.0.1 on
sparcv9-sun-solaris2.8.