This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: g++ 3.0.1 and g++ 18.104.22.168 : Performance on Win2K
- To: Piyush Kumar <piyush at acm dot org>
- Subject: Re: g++ 3.0.1 and g++ 22.214.171.124 : Performance on Win2K
- From: Daniel Egger <degger at fhm dot edu>
- Date: 21 Oct 2001 11:12:45 +0200
- Cc: GCC Mailinglist <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- References: <OJEKLJMDIMFOIAMJJNNCGEFECDAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Am Son, 2001-10-21 um 09.45 schrieb 1003650311:
> I have a project of around (10k lines of C++ which uses lot of templates)
> I have right now 2.95.3-5 of gcc installed and today I compiled 3.0.1
> on my machine(cygwin/win2k). The output from g++ 3.0.1 is more than twice
> slower compared to 2.95.3-5 with same optimization settings!!! Is it
> because of my code or has some one else also seen this before!
I'm seeing the same on powerpc-unknown-linux, not only the code is much
slower, it's also much bigger. :(
Ah yes, and I found a bug in the libstdc++ headers, but more about that
in another mail.