This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: The bloat sweepstakes...
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Subject: Re: The bloat sweepstakes...
- From: law at redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 19:08:32 -0600
- cc: Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs dot mu dot oz dot au>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Reply-To: law at redhat dot com
In message <20011010150953.U9432@codesourcery.com>you write:
> I think costs never get higher than 10 or so;
They certainly do get higher than 10. Also remember that costs accumulate
across the uses of a register. Making them an unsigned character probably
is not a wise idea.