This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Serious internationalization problems: revert?
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Subject: Re: Serious internationalization problems: revert?
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 08:47:27 -0700
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <10110191536.AA24491@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 11:36:12AM -0400, Richard Kenner wrote:
> > (2) Some configurations complain that make can't find -liconv, since
> > it gets erroneously considered a dependency.
> I need more information in order to understand where this is coming
> from. It is supposed to notice the absence of libiconv and not use it.
> We have:
> INTLLIBS = $(top_builddir)/intl/libintl.a -liconv
> But then LIBDEPS have $(INTLLIBS), so make tries to find a rule to make
Ah, I understand. What target is this and does it have a