Re: Serious internationalization problems: revert?

    You mean libintl.h, right? I just checked in a patch which should
    resolve this.

Yes.  Good.

    > (2) Some configurations complain that make can't find -liconv, since
    >     it gets erroneously considered a dependency.

    I need more information in order to understand where this is coming
    from.  It is supposed to notice the absence of libiconv and not use it.

We have:

INTLLIBS = $(top_builddir)/intl/libintl.a -liconv

But then LIBDEPS have $(INTLLIBS), so make tries to find a rule to make
"-liconv".