Re: 64 bit gcc?

Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 13:30:40 -0700
From: Janis Johnson <janis187@us.ibm.com>
To: j.e.young@larc.nasa.gov
Subject: Re: 64 bit gcc?

John,

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 04:02:56PM -0400, John Young wrote:

>    Thanks for your response.  I had not yet installed gcc 3.0
> (mostly I am still running 2.95.2), and so did not have the notes.
> I went to the web page (http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/gcc.html)
> to see if I could find any mention of whether v3.x supported 64-bit
> but did not see any.  I also checked the FAQ, but (perhaps I am
> blind and should read it again) did not se it mentioned there
> either.  Being fairly busy, I did not want to configure/build/
> propagate a new version of gcc until I had a good reason to.
>
>    Thanks again for the info..

Would you mind sending this to the gcc mailing list?  It would be
valuable if the people who maintain the installation instructions and
other documentation could know where you expected to find this kind of
information.  They want the documentation to be as useful as possible,
but the existing organization always seems intuitive to those who are
accustomed to it.

Thank you for your feedback.

Janis